From:
Graham Peak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:57:53 -0000
Hello everybody
I have a system: AMD Duron 1 gig CPU with 256 DDR memory and ATI Rage
Pro 128 AGP graphics on a LEX BN790T motherboard. The operating system
is XP.
At shutdown it will close Windows and then display the message "It is
now safe to turn off your Computer". However the power switch will not
switch off. The only way to switch off is to remove the power lead from
the rear of the case. I have swapped memory chips, checked front panel
jumper connections and even tried the system in another case but the
problem persists.
Any help will be appreciated.
Best wishes
Graham Peak.