From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2016 07:08:28 -0700
When the display goes black, try looking at it at an angle to see if the
display is still functioning or not. I had a similar problem with an
Averatec laptop when the backlight would go off due to an intermittent
connection in the cable from display to body. Do try to determine if there
is any function in the display or not, even with the backlight off.

Your "Kernel power event ID 41" means that you rebooted without a clean
shutdown. This is when you have to reboot due to a blank screen and does not
indicate the cause of the blank screen.

Peter Shkabara