From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:23:49 -0500
I have and like the Soyo SY5EH5 super 7 motherboard.  Runs at either a 66 or
100 Mhz bus and includes an AGP port.  It only has a 4X multiplier
documented, so possibly 400 Mhz is it's top speed, though it has a pile of
jumpers and quite possibly there is an undocumented setting beyond that.
One nice feature is the ability to run the memory at 66 MHZ rather than 100,
so you dont' have to upgrade your memory to run the 100 MHZ chips.   AMD has
introduced a 333 MHZ 3d now chip, but beyond that their is some question
about how much faster Socket 7 chips will go.  Cyrix is planning on a Slot 1
chip, ala the Pentium II, however AMD does not have license rights to Slot
1, so they very well could continue to develop Socket 7 beyond 333.  You can
find this motherboard and many other 100 MHZ boards for $100.00 or less on
the web.  I like to use www.pricewatch.com to find the best price.