Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:42:51 -0500
*I have an ASUS computer running Win7 64bit.

I have one ATA internal main drive.  I have temporarily, another ATA
internal HD for backing up.

I was done using the backup.  I turned off the computer and turned off the
power strip.  I unplugged the power and data cables from the backup internal
HD.

I started the computer and I saw the setup screen, and then a cursor in the
upper left corner of my screen.  That's it.

I turned everything off again and plugged in the backup, and started again.
Everything was fine.

What gives?  Do I have to uninstall the backup to remove it from my
computer?  I saw in Device Manager that it's possible to uninstall this
drive.

I now know I need to get an external enclosure for this drive.  But how do I
get it out of my computer?

Thanks for your help.

Diane Kroeckel
*