From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:34:21 -0400
It sounds like you've pretty much troubleshot your problem down to the
cause. If the computer isn't detecting a network, then the network login
screen doesn't come up. I have a little over 80 computers in my computer
labs and I find that recrimping the cables at the computer end solves this
problem a lot of times, and if that doesn't do it, then I change the network
cards.  On rare occasions I need to strip back the network cable and install
a new connector or run a new cable.