From:
David Olds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 11:42:45 -0000
In the computer building mainstream, Bigfoot Hard Drives have the lowest
performance rating, the highest failure rates and lowest value drive in the
market. The entire idea behind the Bigfoot drive is a cheap product. The
have little resale value and many resellers refuse to carry them. I
presonally shy away from the Bigfoot series, but not Quantum in general.

As for the WD/Fujitsu debate. Western Digital has one of the best
reputations in the business, save for the 31000 series problem, that they
rectified, I would feel quite satisfied with their product. Fujitsu has a
nice warranty program as an effort to try and compete, but they could never
surpass WD from a historical quality standpoint.

David Olds