From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 08:16:03 -0400
I agree with another answer. It is a media/drive compatibility
problem.  Sometimes you can work around messages like this
by doing a different type of burn.
Anything that uses the PMA (program management area) of the
CD is more likely to cause this type of error, since those are
burns of a more complex nature.
It might just be that the drive IS a good one and is testing the
calibration automatically and failing the disk in advance...

If on the other hand, you are using disks KNOWN to be excellent
quality, the drive becomes suspect.

Knowing which disks may or may not work in a particular drive
is more of and art than a science.

I would try TDK (Japan,   not Taiwan)
or  Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
Sometimes you can only find out who actually made a CD disk
by reading the ATIP information. They are making it harder and
harder to read that info. (Partly because that info is etched on
the glass master, and may or may not be accurate.)

                       Rick Glazier

Dave Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
> > I'm trying to burn a CD an when I tell it to 'burn' I get the message;
> >
> >         "Please insert an empty CD to write to...."
> >
> > with only the option to 'cancel'.
> > I already have a new CD-R in the burner.
> > Any ideas as to what is the matter?  Am I missing a setting or
> something?
> > My burner is a Yamaha CRW2200E.  If you need additional information

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml