From:
Barry Keith Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 06:08:21 -0500
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:24:28 -0400, kathy schrieber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi, I am new to the list.  I have suddenly noticed small horizontal lines about 1/8th inch on my monitor screen.  Nothing new has been installed or changed on the display properties.  These are light gray and don't interfere enough to block the screen but are annoying.  any ideas what they are and what to do?  Thanks in advance for all help.  [log in to unmask]
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                     support at our newest website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

If you have a flat screen monitor and there are only two lines about a
quarter and three quarters of the way up the screen, they are caused by
a pair of wires inside the tube and are part of the construction of the
tube. They are not removable but the shadow can be reduced by adjusting contrast and brightness. If you have a conventional monitor the line
will appear all over the screen and are usually an indication that you
are using a low resolution screenmode, such as 640x480. These lines will
vanish if you change to high resolution (Anything above 800x600.) Unless
there is a fault in your monitor or video card.
Hope this helps!