From:
Dale Mentzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:45:34 -0600
Hi Listers,

I recently installed a 3Com network card in my Compaq Deskpro PIII 500 running WinME. The install went fine, but after all was well hardwarewise, my internet apps (Foxfire, IE, Foxmail, etc.) could not "see" the dialup internet connection after connecting to my ISP normally. I also got some error messages from Avast AV and ZoneAlarm also. I called tech support at my ISP and he was able to correct my problem by deleting the  Winsock registry "folder" via Regedit and removing and reinstalling Dial Up Networking. All is back to normal but I removed the network card and I would like to install the network card again, but I am afraid I will have to go through the same rigamorole again, and maybe without success this time because of the presence of the network card. Can somebody help me with this? TIA.

Regards,
Dale Mentzer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com