Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:22:17 -0700
Ok well here are my suggestions.
1. After the next time unplug the computer and wait a few minutes then plug
in and try to Boot up.
When this doesn't work:
Swap out the video card for one you know is good.
When this doesn't work:
Disconnect everything not essential to have a running computer.
So you would have hooked up:
Power supply, Motherboard, Video, Hard drive, Memory (one stick if
possible).
Do this and post results or lack of and we'll go from that point.

KevPro Computer Services
Kevin Brown
480-214-0144
http://kevpro.com

Hi.  I am fairly a novice at computers; but had lots of help with building
mine.

My computer is XP Pro upgraded from 98 windows.  Sometimes while I am using
it....the video suddenly gives out, along with the A drive, and 2 cd roms,
and a usb port.  The fan still runs, the light is on the motherboard, and it
feels like the hard drive may still be running.  When I try rebooting the
computer, sometimes there is one beep and sometimes no beeps.  The lights,
sometime show they are working on the CD roms, but then suddenly go out and
quit. Either way, the video and A, and D and E Rom drives do not come back,
but the fan, motherboard and hard drive are running.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>