From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:13:11 -0500
Hi,

I'm sure you want to get this asap, but if you have the time and want to
save money, check out local yard sales and flea markets.  Often times the
sellers, know not what they have, and it can be had for very cheap money.

Thanks,

Joe

================================
Hi everyone,

I sent this to PCSoft but was informed I should address this to PCBuild.  I
am experiencing a problem installing a Microsoft security patch for Internet
Explorer 6 SP1 and have been trying different fixes with the help of
Microsoft's technical support as we send emails back and forth.  After
several different tries, the tech states that it is likely that, " some
components are damaged on your system. I suggest you perform an In-Place
Repair to replace the damaged files and registry entries with the correct
ones."

He then gave me the steps to do this which included inserting my, "Windows
setup CD".  This is a problem as I don't have one.  I bought my computer
second-hand with everything already installed on it, and did not receive any
disks whatsoever.  As a computer novice, I did not know that a setup CD
existed, or that I should have one.  I emailed the tech with this info but
have not heard back yet.  I realize that I cannot burn something from my
system onto a CD and use that for the setup CD if my computer's info is
corrupted.  Where can I get this info from to make a windows setup CD?  Can
I 'burn' one, can I buy one?  If so, from where?  If I can burn one could
you give me a step by step process that is really 'dumbed down' for me.  I
couldn't find anything on the Microsoft website.

I have Windows 98.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml