From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:29:54 -0800
First Go into Administrative Tools>>Computer Management>> Disk Management
Do you see your USB drive?  If not, and any other USB drive works OK on
that computer, then your PC BIOS may not like that particular Sandisk BIOS.
Check to see if there is a update for your BIOS.

If  you do see the drive, then what drive letter is assigned? Is that drive
letter being used somewhere else, a network drive  for example? If so
change the drive letter of the USB drive to a unused drive letter.

This is a Windows flaw. Windows will put a USB drive on the first available
local drive letter regardless of whether or not you are using it for a
network resource.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

>My sandisk usb flash drive does not show up as a drive in a Dell Optiplex
>GX280 w/ winXP pro.  The same flash drive shows up in numerous other Dell,
>IBM and HP computers, just 'plug and play'. Same drivers show up on all
>the computers, 2 entries in device manager - one under disk drives and one
>under storage volumes\generic volumes.  Everything appears to be exactly
>the same, everything working properly, except it doesn't show up in
>windows explorer as a removable drive or anything else.   Doesn't matter
>which usb port I plug into, doesn't work.    Other than a mouse, none of
>the usb ports are being used.  Any ideas?

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>