From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:39:34 -0500
From: Grant Hightower <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 8:04 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Problem with mouse

> My device manager in my control panel says my mouse is working
properly. It
> is not. I can get it to move around the screen, but not the way it
should. It
> seems the sensitivity of the mouse is'nt there, meaning I have to push
it
> very hard to move it left,right,up or down, sometimes having to lift
it, set
> it back down then move it in the direction I wish it to go.
> I've tried another HDD to see if that was the problem, and the mouse
responds
> the same way. I've reinstalled mouse files several times without
success.
> Have also cleaned and tried a different mouse, and checked serial port
> connection.

Have you tried changing the mouse sensitivity?  Go to Control Panel and
there should be a Mouse icon.  Double click on that and find the option
for "mouse speed" or something similar.  There should be a slider or
some other way of making the mouse "faster".  Try moving this control
and see what effect there is on this problem.  What brand of mouse is
this?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html