From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:43:45 -0500
I wasn't sure whether you were saying that the hard drive itself was making
this sort of noise or whether this was in fact your motherboard's BIOS
sounding a warning alarm through the system speaker.  It sounds more like
you were describing a motherboard alarm being triggered; so, you might want
to enter the BIOS setup immediately upon booting and see what the hardware
monitoring section has to show.  See if there are any settings that are
being monitored and whether it looks like anything is close to going beyond
the threshold levels.

John Sproule