From:
Ray Pamment <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 04:48:27 EDT
Hi all
I am just building a system comprising of an AMD Duron 700 MHz cpu. This
question maybe basic but because of that fact not documented anywhere I
have looked. I have an appropriate collermaster Socket A 1.2 Ghz amd approved
heatsink. This has a plaster like tab bit to pull off on the centre of the
fan to cpu side (like when replacing a printer cartridge), obviously
desinged
to pull a protective plastic strip off and leave something on the fan. My
problem is in pulling this tab the whole thing has come of, So can anyone
tell me what was supposed to be still left on the fan? What is it there
for?
and do I need it on there? in which case I will have to return the fan,
which
was mail ordered with the other parts. The fan obviously sits on the four
circle raised supports on the cpu, without this bit is there going to be a
gap between the base of the fan and the centre of the CPU? Is this going to
cause a heat problem?
Thanks for any help.
Ray Pamment in the UK