From:
Paul Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:45:14 +0100
    Hi there on the list,a while back I wrote that I was having problems
with my monitor using the wrong resolution.  It's a Sony CPD 100 ES it
should run at optimal 85Hz when I choose the optimal refresh rate it clocks
at 100Hz. Conected to a differnt computer it runs at 85Hz like it should.  I
assumed that this was a problem with my graphic card and have since then
replaced it but I still have the same problem.  Is there any BIOS
(Award)adjustment or anything I can do to prevent this,right now I have  the
refresh rate set to 70Hz and Direct X also lowerd to 70Hz but still with
some games I can see light lines running up and down the screen and when I
press the contrast it shows that the resolution is at 100Hz.  Would be very
thankfull for any hints the kids would like to play there games.
Paul Ryan
Germany

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml