From:
Glenn Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:11:58 -0500
Greetings:

Approximately a week ago I posted a hardware problem,(see below). Noone
could offer a solution other than the obvious one: I discharged some static
electricity and toasted the board. Well, I am nothing if not persistant.
Today, After leaving the machine in the corner for a week, I took a look at
it again -- Same thing. Just for the heck of it I replaced the power switch.
Viola! Good as new. Why the switch chose that moment to die is anyone's
guess. I doubt there was anything, in terms of electrical discharge, that I
could have done hat would take out just the swithch. But there ya go, just
one of those computer imponderables. I'm glad it's fixed; it makes a handy
loaner.

                      Glenn Miller