From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 14:48:44 -0700
From: Carl Barnhart
Subject: [PCBUILD] cd-rom won't read

> ok let me be more specific. i shoulda been earlier. What i mean by "won't
> read" is exactly that. I stick a store bought audio cd into either of my
> cd-rom drives and it doesnt read it. It's as if the cd isnt in there. i
look
> in "my computer", double click the drive letter, and it appears blank.
> nothing shows up, and it says theres 0 megs on the cd.
>
> When i use any other type of cd (burned audio cd's, games, etc) it works
fine.

> What could be cauing this?
Since they do read/play burned cd's and game cd's, it almost sounds like a
software issue. ( Although, I can't see why they would play burned cd's, but
not store bought ones? ) What program do you use as the default audio
player? If you're using something other than Windows CD player, try running
cdplayer.exe and see if that will load/play them. Let us know.

Alan Thompson

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html