From:
George&Mary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 07:02:42 -0700
<snip>
Date:    Sat, 7 Oct 2000 06:21:24 -0400
From:    Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Damaged Partition Table

I've done what I thought was a clean install of Win98, defragged it
afterwar=
ds to ensure all was well, run Norton=92s 2000 Win Doctor to check and
fixed=
 a few minor errors. Then I went to image the drive with PQ Drive Image
when=
 it reported that there were errors on the Partition Table. I ran
Norton=92s=
 Disk Doctor and it reported the same. It advised against trying to fix the
=
problem but I had a go anyway. It then reported that it could not repair
the=
 damage.

I really don't want to reinstall all the applications that I want in the
ima=
ge at a base level because it takes hours and I don't have the time. If I
re=
install 98 over the top of the existing version will it fix the partition
ta=
ble? If not what else can I try please?
<snip>

I had a similar problem with PQ Drive Image 2.  I remember that it was an
incompatibility and that a statement had to be added to the Autoexec, I
think.  I contacted PQ support by email with the info and they gave me
instructions on how to run a analysis program which output some data that I
sent back to them by email. They told me that even though DI was reporting
the error in the partition, there really wasn't any.  They then sent me the
solution.  This may be the solution: adding the following line to your
Runpqdi.bat file.  Check what you have there first and please check with
their support.   Here is the line I think I changed. "
C:\PROGRA~1\POWERQ~1\DRIVEI~1\PQDI /IPE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"  Your mileage may
vary, and all the usual precautions

George & Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])