From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:37:53 -0500
Alan, you didn't tell us what you want to do.  If you just want to copy
a file or two, then the easiest thing is to get a little usb memory
stick of the appropriate size and copy the file(s) to the stick for
transfer.  These can be very useful for sharing files.

If you want to network the two computers permanently, then you probably
need to connect them with an Ethernet cable that plugs into their
Ethernet ports.  If there are no spare Ethernet ports, you can buy cards
for not too much money.  Newer computers will sense the cable and
connectors, but older computers might require a "patch cable"  (I think
that is the term), which twists the wires so that they get the send and
receive correct.

With XP Pro, you can set up the connection to make the computers talk to
each other and share files.  OR, you can buy a copy of "Network Magic,"
and let it do most of the work for you.

http://www.purenetworks.com/nmlp/home-networking.php?src=google&gclid=CJGnprLEm6MCFRFrDAodECPTXA&kw=network+magic

They have a limited time free trial that you can check out.

If this doesn't answer your question, then please include more details
on exactly what you mean by "get into."  ;)

Dean Kukral

On 7/31/2010 6:37 PM, alan smith wrote:
> I have to get into my main computer from my secondary computer. I know that it is possible,
> but I don't know how!! Can someone e-mail me the procedure??  Both are running XPpro SP2.
> I thank you in advance,  Al Smith

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml