From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2011 11:16:23 -0500
There are two possibilities.  Either you have to install the program or
you don't.

If  you don't, then you just copy the program to somewhere on your hard
drive (i.e. "save" the attachment to the hard drive) and double click on
it when you want it to run.  You can create a desktop icon for it if you
want to.  It should have a ".exe" ending.  (Or maybe ".com" - I don't
know if .com programs will still run on the latest operating systems or
not.)

If it needs to be installed, then it needs to make changes to your
registry and set up directories.  In that case, there should be an
installation program involved.  If your attachment has only one file, it
may be a self-extracting compressed file, and then when  you run it (as
above), it will break down into several files, one of which may be an
installation program and one of which may be a readme file.

I suspect that if your (trusted) friend who sent it to you did not
include directions, then it is the first possibility.

Dean Kukral

On 5/14/2011 8:06 AM, Sean Finnegan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have received a program by email attachment
>
> What is the procedure for installing it onto my computer.
>
> Operating system is Windows XP Version 2002 Home edition.
>
> All help appreciated
>
> Sean Finnegan

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml