Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:24:16 -0400
>I recently experimented a bit with adding a second entry to autoexec.bat
>and config.sys to add DOS support for a second CD-ROM device, (my
>recorder). No luck, though, although I gave up perhaps too easily.
>Here's what I did:
>
>config.sys includes:
>DEVICEHIGH=C:\DEV\TSYCDROM.SYS /D:IDECD_00 /P:SM
>DEVICEHIGH=C:\DEV\TSYCDROM.SYS /D:IDECD_01 /P:SM
>
>autoexec.bat includes:
>LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX /D:IDECD_00 /L:L
>LH C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX /D:IDECD_01 /L:M

You need to combine the two MSCDEX line in your autoexec.bat
What's happening is that MSCDEX is loading once and seeing only the
parameters for that one drive. When it tries to load again for the next
line, it sees that it's already loaded and doesn't go any further not
realizing you're trying to add a second drive. Now it's been a while since
I've done this, but I think you can cut the /D:IDECD_01 /:M out of the
second line and paste it onto the end of the MSCDEX line. I think that's the
correct syntax but you might have to mess with it a little. Oh, and you can
get rid of the rest of the second line then. It's not needed.

Hope that helps. If you still can't get it, contact me privately and I'll
see if I can dig up my old autoexec.bat and find the exact syntax for you.

--
Adam Gonsman