From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 07:51:23 -0500
If you 24/7 your puter, I certainly recommend using a UPS. Otherwise, you
are asking for hardware failure and possible data loss from a crashed hard
drive. Personally, even if you only have the puter on when using it, I think
a UPS is a cheap insurance. My UPS in the office engages the battery several
times a day and most of the time, I do not notice the the lights even
flicker or dim. However, frequent high and/or low voltage, i.e. +/- 20+ v
over time will cause as much damage as a surge as well as lockups and BSODs.
Your refrigerating or clothes drier turning on can cause that much
fluctuation.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663