From:
Andrew Raaberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:29:03 -0700
yes this is an asus board, and a work station model, the manual and the box boast of the features that this board is capable of, an L164-SLI WS, unfourtunately for me, i don't yet understand, technically, how to use any of these capabilities, or what they do.

  both of the ports are gigabit, they are side by side, just to experiment i plugged both into a router, that is unconfigured, this router has one line leading to my cable modem, i am pretty sure the category wires are capable of a gigabit connection, still according to vista both are running a 100Mbps connection, but the second has not sent or recieved nearly as many packets as the 1st.

  one time i plugged one cat 6 into one port from my modem and the other port i ran a cat5e line to another computer, so the connection was modem to vista computer to xp home computer, this didnt achieve what i wanted it to because i dont know how to configure these connections...or even what is possible,

  operating systems and software compatibilities make things confusing too, i was hoping that if i plugged things in the os would know what was going on, but i only wanted that for a quick fix, i would much rather be able to do this myself,

  if i used a linux distrobution at least i could homogenize my os's for free...

> wrote:
  The board is an A7N8X-E Deluxe and yes it does have two of those and a
firewire port as well.

The reason I know...I am running one as we speak.

Sam R.

At 09:22 PM 10/16/2007, you wrote:

>My Asus uh, don't remember the model or have the inkling to look, has two,
>one 100MBS, one Gigabit port. Not Firewire nor is it a server board.
>A8NX- E deluxe? Something like that.
>
>Brad Loomis
>San Miguel, CA

NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person
responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended
recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying
of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly
me immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication,
or return it to me by mail if requested by me.
NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person
responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended
recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying
of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly
me immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication,
or return it to me by mail if requested by me.

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
http://freepctech.com