From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:47:41 -0500
I think your PS is very undersized...
I would want at least double that IMHO... (I like 425W BTW...)

Follow anti-static precautions, etc, and change hardware with machine off...

I would unhook both DVD burners and delete them IN SAFE MODE
in Device Manager.
Then hook them back up, and DO NOT move them around...
(Teac proved to me that identical drives are anything but, years ago...)

Since the problem seems to have stayed when you swapped drives,
(if I read that correctly), I would check/change the cables, the settings
on the ports the drives are on (in the BIOS and OS), the jumpers, etc...
Make sure DMA is on, etc...

Note that slow burn times can also be caused by "hard to read" files,
fragmented files, lots of small files, or trying to just burn too fast for the
system... The constant re-sycn of the "burn-proof" stuff slows things
down plenty...

                      Good luck...              Rick Glazier
From: "Milt deReyna"

Unfortunate, helpless noob needs help with DVD burners.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml