From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:06:09 -0600
At 01:41 PM 9/24/2002, Michael Hand wrote:
>Thanks to all of you who suggested solutions for me, but I still havent been able to get
>her to turn on. I unplugged everything except processor, ram and video adapter... still
>got nothing. Unplugged the video card to see if I would get a beep error code...
>nothing. I know that the mobo IS recieving power... there is a LED on the mobo that
>lights up when the system is plugged in. Still, nothing at all happens when the power
>button is pressed. I tried shorting the two prongs with a screwdriver with no luck. I
>set the BIOS jumpers to "normal", and "configure", and neither way made a difference.
>There is only one other set of jumpers on the mobo, but I couldn't find any reference to
>them in the mobo book, so I haven't touched them. Perhaps it's time to call Intel
>Customer Support...

Do not feel too bad, this has happened to the best of us at one time or another.
My first question is where did you buy these components?  Hopefully, you got
them locally and can easily return them under warranty.  Otherwise, you are
going to need to contact the vender of the motherboard about returning it under
warranty replacement.  If you got all the parts from one vender, the most ideal
situation, you can return them all, (motherboard, CPU, Ram & video card), for
replacement.  Try calling the vender for the motherboard, they should have
a tech support also.

Personally, I am concerned about the MB.  I recently upgraded my personal
system to an ASUS P4B533 motherboard, 2mhz CPU and (2) 256mg PC2100
ram...  when you have it right, it will power right up.   But, if anything is damaged
or DOA from the vender, you are going to get exactly what you have...  a few
lights flicker alive on the motherboard and nothing else.  It happens, parts are
dead on arrival...  that is why they are sold with a warranty.  Just get them replaced.
It would be most ideal if you could figure out which item is the problem...  but,
if they all came from one vender you can send them back and let them figure it
out.

     Bob Wright
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,