From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:42:13 -0500
Hi,

Yes you should beable to install the cdrw as a slave to the hard drive with
no problems.

Make sure the hard drive is set to master rather than single (as some
drives do - ie WD).
or if using a cable select cable, have both drives set to cable select and
put he hdd on master end and the cdrw on slave end (if cable length is long
enough).  You may have to purchase a longer cable as a replacement to
accomplish this.

The NEC DVD is just that, a DVD burner and not a CDRW, that the Burnquick
was written for.

You may beable to find a multi headed audio cable, or there may be an aux
connection on the main board that will allow you to have the audio out of
both units go into the sound device.

At 02:13 PM 02/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Listers,
>I have a Dell 4500 P4 2.0G 256RAM W\Windows XP Home. It came with a
Lite-On CD-RW drive which I wanted. I have just bought a NEC DVD+RW drive
and replaced the Lite-On CD burner, I seem to have the DVD working OK. My
Question is, can I put the Lite-On CD-RW drive back in and use it for
backups also or will the two drives conflict with each other. Right now my
hard drive is on the primary IDE conn. by itself and the DVD drive is on
the secondary IDE conn. by itself. Could I install the CD-RW drive as a
slave off the hard drive and have it work? I don't have a second audio
connecter on my sound card but I'm just using this drive (CD-RW) for
backups so I don't need the sound connection.
>The only reason I'm trying to do this is because I have a backup program I
love (BurnQuick) and it will not work with the NEC DVD burner. What's wrong
with this picture? Any advise or help with this, I would sure appreciate. TIA

>Marv Donarski
>Sunny Florida

Thanks,

Joe