From:
"Clyde W. Burns" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:03:45 -0400
i was asked by a friend to help get an older computer with Windows 95 running although it was probably beyond what my skills are. It is an Acer Aspire built around 1998,pentium 2 333 cpu, 256 mg memory, 8.6 gig hard drive. When I started it I did not hear any fans so I shut it down and opened it up. The processor was completely stopped up with the usual stuff, fan could not turn, so I cleaned everything, checked for loose connections and restarted it. I got cpu clock mismatch, cmos checksum error, equipment config error. Ireplaced the cmos battery and brought up the set up menu and set the bios to default settings, exited the menu and got a both input signals missing error and then computer specs and at the bottom, disk error 1/0 replace disk hit any key. I tried starting it with a windows 95 boot disk but same thing. The old computer is not worth anything but would still like to have an idea what is wrong with it,