Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:59:32 +1000
Bassem Fahmy wrote:

> I notice something,
> 1) when the i was open the computer it count always 266 mmx although this
> motherboard max support 233 mmx ..
> so may be the buyer have make this thing that called over clock or something
> (to look faster). And when i replace it by intel 166 (it read it always 110)
> it works fine, and when put my 266 it know the truth so the problem show the
> message problem "Verifying DMI pool"

Pentium mmx cpu is only upto 233mhz, the 266mhz cpu is possible overclocked
(75x3.5=266), so the user overclocked FBS from 66 to 75, you can change the bus
speed back to give it a go.

> 2) when i enter the 266 mmx to try to fix the DMI problem and failed so i
> remove the proceessor to enter the 166 to work in the internet and send
> these messages i notice that its VERY HOT

Heat is an issue that has to be take care when overclocking, I think the cpu is
already damaged.

> 4) the problem that i do not have the manual of the sis 5571 rev 1 .. and
> when i downloaded it from the motherboard manfacture i found it poor ..
> (http://www.sis.com.tw/support/databook.htm#1)

Look for info on how to set bus speed, that's what you need.

Jun Qian

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions