From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:17:37 -0700
>I remember seeing somewhere that there is a way for NT to recognize USB, but I
>can't recollect anything else about it.  Hope someone out there can help me.
>Don Riggs

Unfortunately there is NO support for USB in Windows NT4 and no support
will be forthcoming. This is the primary reason I am not running it on my
233MMX 64 megs of ram laptop. Windows 2000 has USB support but requires
significantly more hardware resources then NT4 to run well...for example my
laptop wouldn't cut it.

However I have heard rumors that NT4 will work with a USB keyboard and even
mice out of the box, but I think this is only on particular mother boards
that support a DOS USB keyboard. If this is true, it must be working as an
anomaly at the BIOS level.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

                     support at our newest website: