From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:56:38 -0800
Karl

IF it is necessary to "reinstall" XP, during the initial portion of the
installation it will recognize that there is already a copy of XP on the
HD and ask if you want to "repair" it. I believe it is the second screen
(not the first) giving you options concerning the installation. XP
gathers data on any changed computer components and corrects its data
base (simply put). You may or may not have to "reactivate" XP which is
no big deal. Also, the motherboard may come with a CD to install unique
drivers and programs.

If you have never installed a new motherboard, you may want to search
the Internet as there are sites with detailed instructions including
pictures. Some primary concerns are that the standoffs are in place to
avoid shorting the motherboard to the case, avoid static electricity,
avoid touching contact points, properly seating the CPU including heat
sink and fan, properly seating the RAM, and properly attaching the case
wires to the motherboard.

Tom Mayer

wbr_wf4r wrote:
> Are we to assume that you have or had XP installed?
> XP is very "driver specific" and of course a different mobo will require
> different drivers.,
> You will more than likely have to reinstall the O/S.  No big deal if you've
> got a ligit copy.
> Good luck.
> L8r,
> William
>

>> From what I could find this motherboard should work for you.
>> Tigerdirect is a reliable retailer though there are many others you can
>> chose from. This motherboard includes the possibility of a future
>> upgrade to a video card in place of onboard video which you are now
>> limited to. I would call Tigerdirect to make sure it is compatible
>> before purchasing.
>>

> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1597452&CatId=182
>
>> Tom Mayer
>>
>> Karl Davis wrote:
>>
>>> needs a new mobo emachine does not sell this board they told me to get a
>>>
> generic
>
>>> one Ive got the p4 519 processor 1 MB L2 Cache 533MHz 3.06 GHz what
>>>
> board can fit this

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml