Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:41:06 -0500
I have a new problem for my computer. I recently tried to restore my system but it wouldn't restore (I had recently installed SP2 but didn't like the way it was running so I uninstalled it). When I went to reboot to try to restore again it would get past the Win logo screen but stop at a black screen with only a mouse pointer visible. It does this each time I boot. I have tried safe mode and get "safe mode" in each corner in addition to the mouse pointer. Last known good config does not work either. I've tried using a start disk to boot and get the same thing (black screen with mouse pointer.) I installed Win XP on another partition on the same computer and it works great but all the programs are tied to the first install and I'm trying to keep from installing them again. I have tried a repair install to no success. I ran a virus scan and did find two viruses that were removed, I did the repair install again and still get the black screen. I know the partition is still good, I can see the files and I was able to back up the programs on it this morning. Can anyone help me, I'm fresh out of ideas to get th e original Win XP up and going again. Thanks

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>