From:
Javier Vizcaino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 17:04:59 +0200
 Hi.

> R.E. Christian wrote:
> >
> > 3a) What about the ANALOG AUDIO outs, any sources of Y cables to connect
2
> > drives ANALOG outs to a single input on the Sound Card.
>
> I just installed a Memorex CRW-1622 CD-R/W along side my original CD-ROM
> drive, and to be able to play music CD's in either drive I ran a patch
> cord from the headphone jack of one drive around to the Line In on my
> sound card. It's not elegant and invisible, but it works. If there's a
> better way, I hope someone will speak up. I don't think a simple Y cable
> will work, at least not properly.

 If you want invisibility, you can:
 -Connect the audio out on the back of the CD (inside the PC) to the
Line In (outside of the PC), routing the cable in->out. Well, not completely
invisible.
 -Check if the Line In is duplicated with jumpers on the audio card. If
it is, connect there.
 -If not duplicated, and you are brave, you can solder two jumpers.

 I also can imagine a Y made with resistors, or some more profesional
mixer.

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)