From:
"Bill M. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:45:02 -0600
Subject: [PCBUILD] display adaptor conflicts

Hi,

I have three conflicts in my device manager that I can't sort out.
They are in Display adaptors and the card is a 3D rage pro agp 2x(english).
I have used the win95 conflict troubleshooter and managed to find empty
resources for the top and bottom ones but when I restart the computer, it
doesn't boot up.  I have to go into safe made and check the "use automatic
settings" in device manager.  Then I am back to square one.

Hi Brendan,
Windows 95 does not support AGP. When you view your computer's system
devices or video adapter in Device Manager, you may see a red X through a
device's icon, or an exclamation point in a yellow circle next to the
device's icon. Note that this may occur even if all of your computer's
devices are working correctly.
This issue can occur if you are using an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP)
video adapter. Because Windows 95 was developed prior to AGP video
technology, AGP video adapters may cause resource conflicts to appear in
Device Manager.
 These types of resource conflicts do not normally affect your computer's
functionality.
I would upgrade to Windows 98SE and do a "clean" install.
Bill m. Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml