Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:38:11 -0700
I know this has been somewhat, at least, discussed before, since I've
been reading the posts, but I'm still not quite clear on it and am
contemplating purchasing XP and installing it.  (I have Win 98SE now.)

Is it necessary to completely erase all vestige of the old system before
installing XP?  And, if so, what is a good program for doing that?

Am I correct in my assumption that I could burn the data I wish to keep
from my old system onto a CD, then run a program to 'erase' the old
system, and then install XP from a purchased CD?  Is there anything else
I would have to do in preparation for installing XP?

Also, would the firewall that comes with XP be enough to protect me for
however long it takes to get online and download a third party firewall,
and any necessary XP updates?
Carol Hanson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com