From:
Larry Scroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 07:10:26 -0700
Tom
When I read your message, it was an "ah ha" moment for me. Now I know what precipitated
my original problem with the USB HD not being recognized. I recently purchased an external
USB multiple memory card reader and plugged it into my system. This caused my USB HD, which
was normally designated the "F" drive, to be bumped to the "K" drive. All drives above "H"
had previously been disabled by me in "TweakUI". Now I feel like a detective who has solved
a mystery. (grin) The solution has become obvious now that the facts have become clear. Thanks
for your help.

Take care.

Larry
El Paso, Texas, USA

Date:    Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:11:10 -0700
From:    Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: External USB HD not being recognized (problem solved)

If you have a multiple card reader built in, those are probably your F
through J drives.

Tom Mayer

Larry Scroggs wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. You put me on the right track to solving
> the problem.
>
> I used "TweakUI>My Computer>Drives" to find out that the "K" drive
was
> unchecked. Checking it caused the USB HD to reappear in "My
Computer".
> The problem is solved but I am curious as to why the OS skipped over
> the F, G, H, I, J drive designations to name the USB HD as the K
> drive. Well, just one of those WIN XP quirks I guess.
>
> Thanks again for your help. I have subscribed to the list for many
> years and your collective knowledge is what gave me the confidence to
> build my own system.
>
> Larry
> El Paso, Texas, USA

                     visit our download web page at: