From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:54:29 -0500
> Packard Bell POS, Evergreen 200MXx upgrade, 56RAM, Win 95a
>
> I have a partitioned drive C and D. I ran ScanDisk on drive C.
> Then I tried to run Defrag on drive C. On three separate
> occasions, I received a message: "Error Defragmenting Drive C;
> Windows could not access part of this drive; ID NO DEFRAG006."
>
> Then I would run ScanDisk. ScanDisk did not report any errors
> or bad sectors. Anyway, I wound up running ScanDisk four
> times, before I could defrag drive C.
>
> I don't understand why this occurred. Has anyone any insight?

        Insight? Nope, but I suffer that problem as well. My recommendation, don't
run scandisk. Just keep on reopening defrag and it usually starts defraging
after the first retry. I have no idea why it happens, and it only happens on
one machine, and even then only intermittently. My max retry count was 3
times. Of course, if you get any other errors do run scandisk. Hope this
helped, TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org