From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:21:43 -0500
Art,
Partition Magic is very reliable and stable.  You are off to a good start by
backing up what is important to you.  Be sure to include everything in
Windows directory and sub directories.  Also pay attention to contents of
the Program Files directory and subdirectories for shared components.

If you do not have a Windows Startup disk (floppy) on hand, make one now.
Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Startup Disk.  If something should
go wrong with the re-partitioning, booting from the startup disk will
provide a DOS-based CD-ROM driver so that you may use your CD drive.

Restoring files from a backup does not require that the partition receiving
the files be the same size as the originating partition.

Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates
Coral Springs FL
================================

On Behalf Of Art Cassel
Due to shortsighted planning, I am forced to do some partition moving....
 I've purchased Partition Magic 5.0....

 I've burned CD back ups of what I consider important drives...
 If everything goes wrong and I am forced to f disk and reformat to
accomplish my goals, will my CD's work?  .... Will this work if the size of
the C drive is changed?
Thanks in advance,

Art Cassel

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,