From:
Diane Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:25:48 -0800
Thanks, Frank,

At 07:56 PM 1/2/04 -0800, Frank wrote:
>If you are serious about graphics you may want to upgrade your system to
>better handle the graphics. A D875 Intel board with a P4 3.0 CPU, a gig of
>memory a good video card with 128mb of memory and Windows XP-Professional
>would do the trick and help keep you system from grinding to a halt as
>Windows 98SE might do. Besides, the p4 3.0 has hyper threading which means
>the system will run as if there were two processors on the board.

I understand many graphics developers utilize a scratch drive, which
I assume is something like scratch paper, so you can keep lots of works-
in-progress there in a separate drive, so they won't get confused with
the keepers.  I guess that would be another cd rw drive?  As opposed
to an external harddrive?

I'll look at those items you mentioned, to see if an entire upgrade is in
the cards
right now.

Thanks very much,
Diane