From:
"Glenn P. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 02:59:57 -0400
Greetings all,

I have just build a new workstation. WIndows 2000 Pro is installed on a
10000 rpm Seagate Cheetah SCSI drive which commands dual 2.2GHz Xeons
mounted on a SuperMicro P4DC6+ with 512MBs pf Corsair RDRAM.  Power is
supplied by a 475W PCPower and Cooling PS. I have waited quite a while to
afford this machine, and as you can see, it is top end beast. What has me
talking to myself is its penchant for spontaneous reboots -- sometimes as
many as 3 or 4 during an eight hour session. Inital paging size is set to
768 with max set to 1536. I would suspect the power supply, but as you can
see, it too is a Lexus-level component -- I realize that anytning piece of
equipment could be faulty, even components with reputations such as these.
As you can imagine, I don't relish spending anymore money, but I am
considering investing in an uninteruptible power supply back up -- in for a
penny. in for a pound. But does anyone have any suggestions other than or
including this move?

TIA,

Glenn Miller