From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 08:57:08 -0300
I have a customer with a new Epson DeskJet (cheap software operated), the
aftermarket cartridge failed to show status in the Epson utility but worked
perfectly otherwise.  We had to come to the conclusion it was this new chip
sheme the printer companys are using.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:38:56 -0400
From:    Emie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Lexmark 83 Question

Running for almost 6 months now, a friend's Lexmark 83 (3-in-1 inkjet
printer) is fast running out of black ink.  He said he had check the prices
for replacement cartridges and thinks 80 bucks is too much for a set (B/W
and Color) or almost $40 for a black ink cartridge.  He is seriously
considering getting a refill kit instead.  The question is... will manual
refilling of black ink cartridge work for Lexmark 83?

I have read somewhere that newer inkjet printer cartridges now have imbedded
chips on them that signals the status of ink level  to the computer.  And as
far as I know this kind of cartridge does not accept manual ink refills.
So, how about it Lexmark 83 owners out there, can you share us your
experience?

TIA,
Emie DelRosario

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,