From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:01:39 -0400
Hi

Chances are that you will need to use a 3rd party disk management
software package for the 80 gigs to be seen fully by the NEC machine.

What this software does is "fools" the Bios into thinking it is a drive
that the Bios recognizes.  It is basically an other layer of software
that goes on before you install the OS.  Also, makes for another layer
of software to potentially get corrupted at some point.

You should check the nec web site and see if they have a BIOS update that
will allow you to see the whole 80gigs.  It is possible they may.

As far as running programs from the 486 slave drive, they may not work.
Unlike DOS programs, windows programs have files that are placed in certain
areas that the windows registry keeps track of for you.  To make some
windows
programs work, you may have to reinstall them.  The DOS programs will
probably
work, but you have some tweaking to do with things like environment space
for each program.

As suggested in the post before this one, a shortcut on the desktop for each

and you can tailor each shortcut for each program as necessary.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>