From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:49:05 -0400
This may be a firewall issue. Turn off the XP firewall and see if it
makes a difference.
Use the "Add Network place" wizard to access the 98 shares.
Open explorer and enter the UNC path (\\(Computer Name\\share name) to
access the other shares.

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> In a message dated 7/16/2006 10:04:55 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
> What OS are the other computers using? (You don't need the wizard for
> XP/2000 machines).
> Is File and printer sharing turned on?
> Have you used the "Add network place" wizard?
> Create a share other than C:.
> It's hokey, but sometimes the search feature will find the other shares
> when they don't appear in Network Places.

> Two of the other three comps run Win98se and the third runs Win98.  I did run
> the network wizard and ran the floppy on all three comps.  File/Printer
> sharing is turned on.  The C: drive on all comps is full access share.  I took your
> advice and shared My Doc on WinXP C: drive and a folder inside the other
> three C: drives.
>
> The three comps are now seeing all comps, but only able to explore/share
> files among themselves.  The WinXP comp sees the other three but won't allow me to
> "open" or "explore" the other three.  The error message says I don't have
> rights and no network path found.  I'm logged in as admin.  Any other suggestions?
> TIA
> Kevin Nowicki

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com