From:
Ethan Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:54:07 -0800
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:23:08 EST, Blake Renslow <[log in to unmask]> posted
article <[log in to unmask]>, which said:

> You might want to try a different video card, they can cause strange and
> intermittent problems.  I have had two video cards cause me much grief
> even though one of them worked in another system.  Good luck.

I was using a Creative Labs 3Dfx-based Voodoo2 Banshee card with 16mb of
SD-RAM (first on a Pentium 150, then on a Celeron 366).  Driver support for
that card flopped after some legal battles between 3Dfx and Creative Labs.
I "resorted to" using 3Dfx reference drivers for the card to fix some
strange problems.  It turned out that the installation program for the
Creative Labs drivers were not installing the glide drivers.  How nice.

Now I'm running the Creative Labs Annihilator 2 Ultra (nVidia GeForce 2
Ultra) on an Athlon 1.2 GHz Thunderbird.  This thing SCREAMS with speed and
the difference between this and my old PC is so drastic that I feel like
I've missed a lot of "growing up" in the computer field.

Ethan Matthews