From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 17:59:24 -0400
Heidi,

If your computer has a Pentium II or higher (maybe even a plain Pentium),
then you can safely reset the BIOS settings.  Unplug the computer and
open the case.  BE VERY CAREFUL not to dislodge any of the wire
cables and look for a three pin jumper with a plug on two of the
three pins located very close to the battery (which is about the size
of a large coin).  Move the jumper plug to the other position and
wait about 10-15 seconds, then move it back to it's original spot.

Make sure nothing become unplugged or loose and then close
the case.  Turn on the computer and your password should be gone.

Jim Meagher