From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:39:36 +0200
I have the following equipment that I want to make work together. There is
no USB support - obviously that would be much simpler - but it's not there.

* an old-ish laptop (Compaq Armada 1492) - one serial, one parallel and one
PS/2 -style port - Pentium I running Win95B
* a PS/2 external mouse
* a PS/2 external keyboard
* a serial mouse

Q1 - I can use the external kbd and the serial mouse together, but the
serial mouse HAS to be plugged in at bootup, and is no longer useable if I
suspend and resume the laptop. I think I've read that this is just how
serial mice work, but I don't know if there's a solution?

Q2 - I have been unable to get a PS/2 port splitter in my local hardware
shops (South Africa). Does such a thing exist? If so, could you run a mouse
and a keyboard through it?

thanks
Joe