From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:15:52 -0800
I can't speak for recording, but I have an Nvidia Gforce FX 9700 with
a DVI output on it. I got a DVI to HDMI cable and have it hooked to my
46" Sony Bravia XBR2 LCD TV. I know I don't get true 1080p output, but
I couldn't tell that just by looking at the picture. As long as the
video is created in HD quality the picture is spectacular.

The card is AGP, but I don't know what the power draw is. I have a
300W supply and a P4 2.4GHz proc. The card requires its own power feed
to run the fan, but I'm fairly certain the draw for that is pretty
low.

Don't know if this helps, but thought I'd offer the experience I have
had just in case.

Cheers!
Kyle Elmblade

--