From:
Pinelands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:59:23 +0200
Hi

Just a quick report back.
I have now used the 640's drivers with my Epson 600 and I am very pleased with
the results, the print quality is better and the printer does not seem any worse
for the wear. Plus I know get to use some of the nice new extras included in the
640's drivers software that are not in the 600's drivers. The print out is
slower but not so much that its intolerable and i can always just use the 600's
driver if i want to as I have fooled Win95 into thinking that there are 2
printers present.

Also Thank you to the 2 people who replied to my post.

Cheers
Kevin Hains
Cape Town
South Africa
Http://user.lia.net/hains/js2main.htm
Http://www.ct.lia.net
________________________________

>I would like to know if using the Epson 640's driver
>with an Epson 600 printer
>will in anyway damage the printer

>I sent a message to the good folks at Epson's
>Tech Support and the following is their reply.
>>
>Hi Frank
>
>The 640 driver will certainly work with the 600
>printer, however, it is
>always best to use the correct driver for the printer
>in order to obtain
>optimum capability of the printer.
>

>If you require live technical support, please contact
>Epson Technical
>Support at (310) 782-2600.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Anne V