From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:43:35 -0700
At 06:33 PM 10/6/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>For starters, the vendor lied.  WD offers a 3 year warranty on US drives.
>The WD would have cost more, so there should be a refund on the Samsung
>substitute.  Samsung now makes some good stuff (I love the 955DF .20 color
>monitor, but I have no experience with their hard drives.

No the vendor didn't lie. As of October 1, 2002 all major hard drive
manufacturers, ..specifically Maxtor, Western Digital, and Seagate, have
changed their warranty period from three years to one year for consumer
grade drives. Their high end drives are selectively offered with longer
warranties.

It may very well be that Samsung still offers a 3 year warranty. Their name
hasn't been mentioned in the various press releases on this subject.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com