From:
Barry Kinske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:10:47 -0400
 Don't know if this should go to pcbuild or pcsoft so this is my best guess. I'm running XP Pro SP1 on a Dell 4550 with P4 hooked to wireless broadband via Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection.
Would appreciate any HELP you can give me as I don't know where to  go from here. I can connect to dialup without any problem, but not to broadband. In my event register I get the following msgs:

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID:       10005
Date:           6/19/2004
Time:           1:02:08 PM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   ipnathlp
Event Category: None
Event ID:       30013
Date:           6/19/2004
Time:           9:21:24 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:
The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 172.16.68.19, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, please change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Also

Date:           6/19/2004
Time:           9:21:29 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       D687HN21
The Pml Driver HPZ12 service entered the stopped state.

Don't know what any of this means and the Help and Support Center apparently doesn't either as that is the message I get when I clic on the link.

If you can...Thanks,  Barry